Martha Wanna Be #7

This week's list


Baking & Cooking
*French butterfly cookies
*bean and cheese burritos ✅
*rhubarb cheesecake squares ✅
*bbq sauce
*caramel buttercream frosting
*Swiss merengue buttercream
*pizza ✅
*watermelon pizza ✅
*tomato avocado toasts ✅
*spicy roasted chickpeas
*stuffed jalapenos ✅
*baked eggplant parmesan
*penne alla Norma ✅
*caprese rolls ✅
*roasted vegetable lasagna ✅
*Spanish omelet✅

Buying
*lemonade dispenser ✅

Cleaning
*chores from checklist ✅
*clean refrigerator ✅
*clean freezer ✅
*clean walk in closet boxes
*shower houseplants →
*bookshelves behind television

Crafting
*French knitted name ✅

✅ = did it
→ = over to next week

Notes

Baking & Cooking

Stuffed Jalapenos
Since a vacation to Lanzarote, belonging to the Canary Islands before the coast of Africa, where we visited a zoo called Rancho Texas where they served stuffed jalapenos, I had a craving to eat them again and this week I found this recipe. I didn't know if they would be the same, but I had to try. Well, they aren't exactly the same, but it's good enough. Love this recipe!


Bean & Cheese Burritos
My whole family loves Mexican food, so every recipe with beans, corn, cheese and tortilla I have to try out. As a vegetarian I'm always on the look out for meatless alternatives of my family's favorites and this is a good one!


Rhubarb Cheesecake Squares
Instead of squares I made a tart, but I'm sure the taste was just the same. Meaning that de taste was delicious! I love everything with rhubarb in it, but the combination with cheesecake is totally excellent! Only thing is that it takes quite some time before it's ready.


Avocado Tomato Toasts
My youngest daughter (8) loves to help me cooking and baking, so I thought making this toasts would be just a nice tast for her. Unfortunately the avocado was completely brown on the inside, so we skipped that and made Tostada con Tomate instead. We ate that every day when we were on Menorca a couple of weeks ago, so my daughter was totally happy with this change of plan.



Crafting

French knitted name
I wanted to make this for quite some time and coincidentally it came along in one of the Martha-mails this week, so good moment to really do it this time! I knitted two names and now I'm busy making a third.




Next week's list



*curry red lentil soup with dried cherries and cilantro
*make foods-on-a-stick
*make crepes
*go on a picnic
*make tortilla Espanola
*make origami plant cover
*make blueberry cheesecake
*pizza margharita
*strawberry napoleons
*stuffed poblanos
*Dutch blueberry pancakes
*Iranian cookies
*pineapple ice pops
*pineapple ginger smoothie
*order pattern for Gertie's sew along
*strawberry shortcake
*snack mix
*make s'mores
*organize movie night
*make soap
*clean plants
*bake a cherry cake with Reva
*weekly chores
*clean bookshelves behind television
*shower plants

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's This Blog About

Martha Wanne Be #10

Lay Out